The influencer Paola Freire has become a great fan of the products of Hearthstone Cookware and, on this occasion, he surprises us with an exquisite recipe for roast beef en cocotte (Roast Beef) with its sauce and garnish of potatoes and carrots on his instagram channel @foodtropia. An elaboration that, as the influencer herself warns us, you have to be very careful to get the perfect point of the meat.
We cook this dish with it that will delight diners this holiday season.
For this recipe you will need:
PROCESSING OF ROAST IN COCOTTE
- Season the piece of meat.
- In our 24 cm Diamond cocotte we heat extra virgin olive oil covering the entire bottom.
- We put the meat to seal on all sides and reserve.
- In the same cast iron cocotte We cook the vegetables for the sauce: the onion and the leek cut into julienne strips and the peeled carrots.
- When it begins to poach, add the garlic cloves, a bay leaf and a little salt and pepper.
- When the vegetables are well browned, we return the meat to the 24 cm Diamond cocotte and take it to the oven.
- The oven time will depend on the size of the piece of meat. With the piece selected for this recipe we could have the 24 cm Diamond cocotte for about 45 minutes at 180º.
- While the meat is in the oven, we can cook the baby potatoes that will be part of the garnish.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, we can add a little salt and olive oil and put them in the oven so that the skin is well roasted. About 20 minutes at 200º with a fan will suffice.
- Remove the 24 cm Diamond cocotte from the oven and let it rest for a bit.
- We take out the piece of meat and start cooking the sauce.
- The first thing will be to put in the cast iron pot red wine and cook until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the broth and cover so that the sauce cooks over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the carrots from the sauce and the garlic cloves and the bay leaf.
- Crush the sauce in the blender glass and strain it so that it has a fine texture. At this time we can add a tablespoon of mustard.
- Adjust the point of salt and pepper.
- Cut the meat into thin fillets and serve with the carrots and potatoes and drizzle with sauce.