In these terrifying days, who hasn't bought a pumpkin?
Without a doubt, it is the star decoration of Halloween because by emptying them we can create monstrous lamps that will leave no one indifferent. But what is sure to leave no one indifferent is a delicious Pumpkin Pie that you can bake in your baja casserole Diamond from Hearthstone Cookware, as they are suitable for all heating surfaces including the oven.
For this recipe you will need:
- Peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds.
- We cut the pumpkin into medium cubes to cook it with water in our Diamond cocotte. We will do it over medium heat for 15 or 20 minutes and add the pumpkin with a pinch of salt only when the water has begun to boil.
- Drain the pumpkin and mash with a fork or Chinese until you get a smooth puree.
- Add the condensed milk, the spices, the egg and the yolks to the purée.
- We put the dough in our baja casserole Diamond or in our pan, adjusting the edges well and pinching it a little so that it does not rise when baked.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC and bake the base of the cake for about 15 minutes.
- Put the cake mix inside.
- If we want to make a decoration as spectacular as the one we have done, you will only have to cover the cake with another shortcrust pastry and make the shapes of eyes, nose and mouth that you think could be more terrifying.
- We lower the oven to 180ºC and introduce the cake. It will need to be baking for about 30 minutes. We can check its condition by inserting a toothpick and, if it comes out almost dry, it will be ready. Remember that cast iron preserves heat and for a juicy result it is better that it is slightly cooked, since it will finish cooking with the residual heat.
- Finally, let cool and, of course, you can serve it directly in your baja casserole Diamond. It will be spectacular!