We are in the middle of autumn, the streets are tinged with ocher tones and it smells like wet earth.
We leave the beach to enjoy the mountain and its delicious flavors like this Pastor's Cake recipe that we can make in our baja Diamond cocotte.
This recipe is very simple, so don't wait any longer and start preparing the ingredients:
- Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters. We put them to cook with a bay leaf and a little salt.
- Cut the onion into brunoise and finely chop the garlic. We put both ingredients to fry in our baja Diamond cocotte with plenty of oil.
- Add the carrot peeled and cut into small pieces, the green beans and the peas so that they cook together with the onion and garlic.
- We cover the cocotte so that not much liquid is lost when cooking the vegetables and, when they begin to be cooked, we add a little crushed tomato that we will let reduce by what the vegetables finish cooking.
- Add the meat and cook for about two minutes.
- Add half of the meat broth, season with salt and pepper, oregano, soy sauce and chopped parsley.
- Keep the mixture cooking for a few minutes over low heat.
- If we already have the potatoes, we can prepare them. To do this, we will drain them and blend them with the rest of the meat broth and the two tablespoons of butter.
- Remove the vegetables from the heat and place a layer of the mashed potatoes on top.
- We bake about 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Let stand and ready to serve with a pinch of pepper.